Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sumter...Part 1

So Matt and I wanted to rent the movie "The Others" tonight because someone had mentioned it the other day. We went to the Redbox but since it isn't a new movie it wasn't there.

So Matt said, "Let's go to Blockbuster." I was little surprised because I didn't know that they still existed. Boy was I wrong.

We walk in to a newly renovated and very freshly painted Blockbuster. When we find the movie, Matt reads the back and realizes that he had already seen it. We find another movie and go to check out. At the counter we tell the lady that neither one of us has our Blockbuster card on us (I'm pretty sure we threw those away about 10 years ago!) and asked if she could look up an account. Well, we should have known that she couldn't do that! She said that the only way she could do that is if the name on the license matched the name on the account. Well we are both still on our parents' accounts. We asked if we could open an account and she said very enthusiastically, "Of course!" So 20 minutes later, we leave with a movie and two freshly printed and laminated Blockbuster cards. Not only did I not know that Blockbusters still existed, I didn't know they were still giving out memberships. Matt says as we walk out, "Should I feel bad that Barbara just went to all that trouble to make the new cards only for them to be thrown out in a week?"

Sumter may be a day late and a dollar short on this one because I am pretty sure Blockbuster is going bankrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment