Monday, July 19, 2010

Is entertainment becoming a chore??


Yesterday I got a text from a friend who was sipping wine in Florida and on a "fab vacay" but still had time to tell me to get back on the blogging train. So M.B. this is for you!

So as Matt and I were driving back to Sumter yesterday afternoon, I told him very excitedly that I only had two more people magazines to go to "catch up!" He looked at me, rolled his eyes, and just laughed. I asked him what could possibly be so funny. He told me that it seemed like my ideas for entertainment were becoming a chore for me to complete.

I just laughed because after spending last week in Raleigh catching up on 4 episodes of The Bachelorette, 3 weeks of Secret Life of the American Teenager (yes I do realize that is on ABC Family channel), 2 weeks of Drop Dead Diva, 1 episode of Army Wives, countless episodes of Modern Family and Cougar Town, and reading 2 people magazines, I was exhausted!

I am normally not this bad about my tv shows and my magazines. I just had not had time to watch or read anything because of the wedding. The week before the wedding, we were all busy running around doing last minute things and then we were on our honeymoon for a week (pictures to come soon). Since we came straight to Sumter, none of my shows were on his DVR and my people magazines were all sitting in Raleigh. Spending last week in Raleigh was so wonderful because I was reunited with my DVR box and my magazines. I also enjoyed eating dinner two nights with some of the best girlfriends a girl could have!!
This past weekend we had a great time at Matt's cousin's wedding! Congratulations Curt and Monica! We are so happy for you.

So while I sit in Sumter this week, I have my magazines with me and the DVR box up to date with my shows. I will also have plenty of time to clean the house. Now cleaning...that is a chore for real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment