Thursday, July 15, 2010

I love the DMV!!


So today I called the DMV to make sure the location I was planning to go to actually could do what I needed to do and ask what I needed to bring. The lady on the phone was super helpful and told me all I needed was a copy of my marriage license, letter from the social security office, and my current license. Whoohoo I am ready!
I get there and I am a little nervous because almost every chair was taken and there were 5 people ahead of me in the line waiting to go to the counter. I wait in line for about 15 minutes before making it to the counter. When I get to the counter I tell the lady what I need to do and she gives me my number and tells me to have a seat. Before I can even sit down my number is called!! What!! I'm in heaven! I go back to station 6 and sit down to a smiling woman. She asked me all the normal questions, looked at my paperwork, gave the paperwork right back (still have that one certified copy of my marriage license), and then asked about changing my voter registration. I asked her, "I can do that here??!!" She says, "I will be happy to do that for you." What an added bonus. Change my name and address and now I am a registered Currin voter. I take my picture and then I am on my way!!
I highly recommend if you ever need to go to the DMV, go to the one off of Spring Forest Road in Raleigh!! They are nice, quick, and efficient.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny and just like your sis. PS - I'm one of her friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gesh! They must have changed this process in the past 2 years! I HAD to have my new SS card before they'd let me get my new license!!! Lucky you!! AND- they have NEVER been quick or nice to me at that DMV! It must be your good looks... ;)

    ReplyDelete