Monday, August 20, 2012

Santa's Fireplace...

The only thing I had reservations about when closing on this house was that there was no fireplace. A fireplace is a must for me because of Christmas. I want my (very far) future children to know that Santa will be able to get in our house and they will have a place to hang their stockings! I knew that Matt and his dad could solve this problem by putting in a ventless fireplace like our Tree House (current place of residence) has. We were able to save space and put the fireplace up under the staircase. 

Before Photo:
 Reframed the load baring wall and put in the fireplace. 
 Yay! 
 We also did some more framing and closed off the door to the kitchen. 
 Back of the fireplace that is under the stairs. This will also have a cabinet built around it and counter tops in the kitchen above it. 

The great thing about our house is we do have a chimney that used to be used for a wood stove. Hopefully Santa won't use the fireplace because he will get stuck in a wall and hopefully my children won't figure out the chimney doesn't connect to the fireplace! 


No comments:

Post a Comment