Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's been a year since we got engaged!



This time last year, this is what changed my life!
October 29,2009: I informed Matt that we had gotten our first red tomato on our tomato plant (we had planted them in June).
October 30, 2009: I was waiting for Matt to arrive in Raleigh from Sumter, SC. It was late and we were going to head to Moe's to grab dinner. He gets home, puts his stuff down, and then:
Matt: Let's go see the red tomato.
Me: Okay, let me grab my stuff and we can just go straight to dinner.
Matt: We can come back in and get your stuff.
Me: It makes more sense if I just get my stuff. We can see the tomato and then get in the car and go.
Matt: Okay...it's up to you.
We walk outside to the tomato plant. (I have my stuff.)
Me: I didn't realize it was so cold out here. It looks like there is ice on the plant.
I look closer...realize what it is...turn around...Matt is on one knee...and the rest I don't remember.
We get engaged, call all our family, and then he says...
Matt: We aren't going to Moe's. We have reservations in 30 minutes.
Me: Whoaaaa...(still on cloud 9).
I am dressed for Moe's and I have to quickly get ready for Second Empire.
We have a wonderful night and don't have a clue how much planning is ahead!
Fastforward to October 30, 2010:
We are now married, homeless, living with his parents, working opposite schedules, and still in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment