Thursday, August 25, 2011

Kids really do say the darndest things...

Today was the first day back for kids for the 2011-2012 school year. My principal brought bagels for the teachers. We were all gathered in the library and one of my former students walked by with his mom. He ran up to give his teacher from last year a hug and to give me a hug. His teacher for this year was also standing there and he gave her a hug.

A few seconds later, he looked up at me and had a very serious look on his face. Our conversation went like this:

Student: "Ms. Pike"
Me: "Yes, (insert student's name)"
Student: "I don't mean to be rude, but you kind of look like a witch."

Not sure if I really just heard that correctly. His teacher from last year was standing behind him just dying laughing. I was so confused...I had a pink dress on for crying out loud! Maybe he was thinking Glenda...the good witch?!?

Oh well, only 179 more days!

At least he learned honesty at school. (This is also the same student that asked me in Science Class two years ago if he could go sit next to the model of Saturn. I said, "yes" and he said, "Great, I just really like Saturn's rings."

No comments:

Post a Comment