Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Joys of Teaching...

As you know I teach third graders and often times they say something that makes you laugh really hard. Other times they say something that makes you say, "Wow!" Well one of those comments happened today.

I was talking to the kids about writing stories and we were brainstorming ideas that we could write about. Our topic today was "What if" stories. I gave them ideas like: "What if you were an animal?" "What if you were the principal?" etc...

And then I said, "What if I gave you a hundred dollars?" Before I could go on, one kid said, "Woahhh, I would be a billionaire!"

Trying to control the eye rolling and smart comments. I said nicely, "Actually you would just have a hundred dollars. To be a billionaire, you would need a billion dollars!"

I really do love my kids this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment